We recommend keeping your Maui Jim sunglasses in the protective case when they are not on your face and practicing good cleaning habits when needed. Good cleaning habits include the following:
- Rinse the lenses in warm, running water on a regular basis.
- Use a mild, liquid dish or hand soap (without lotion) to wash each lens surface. Rinse in warm water.
- Dry the sunglasses using a clean, soft absorbent cloth.
- Do not use paper-based products or abrasive cleaners to clean your lenses.
- Do not use soaps or detergents which may leave a deposit on the lens.
- Avoid cleaning your lenses with certain tissues that have lotion or silicone added, as both will leave a film on the lenses.
- Do not use lens cleaners that contain alcohol or are not listed as safe for AR (anti reflective) coatings.
Some popular styles, like our polarized aviator sunglasses, do not use glass lenses and may accrue scratches if not cared for properly. Please follow the guidelines above to ensure the best care for your sunglasses.