We currently offer five different lens materials for our sunglasses. Each style of polarized sunglasses from Maui Jim is only available in one material apart from some customization options. All MyMaui Reader options are offered in our MauiBrilliant Material. For more information, please visit our Lens Technology Page.
- SuperThin Glass - This lens material provides the best optics available and is 20% thinner and lighter than standard laminated glass. It offers the best scratch and solvent-resistance lenses for long-wearing comfort, all while maintaining the best in clarity for our sunglasses with polarized lenses.
- Maui Brilliant – This material is our most advanced lens material that features optics nearly as clear as glass with just one-third of the weight.
- Maui Pure - This material combines optics almost as crisp as SuperThin Glass with ultra-lightweight and excellent scratch and shatter resistance.
- Maui Pure LT - MauiPure LT is lighter and 27% thinner, and delivers optics nearly as clear as SuperThin Glass with exceptional impact and scratch resistance.
- Maui Evolution - The perfect lens for your active lifestyle, this material fuses the best properties of our popular lens materials: it has the lightweight and scratch/shatter resistance of polycarbonate while offering a much higher optical clarity with our patented polarized lenses with UV protection.
- Polycarbonate - This lightweight lens is injection molded for clear optics and is also scratch-resistant. It is an excellent choice for fast-paced activities when durability and weight in a pair of polarized sunglasses from Maui Jim are a priority.