We currently offer five different lens materials for our sunglasses. Each style of polarized sunglasses from Maui Jim is only available in one material.
- Maui Evolution - The perfect lens for your active lifestyle, this material fuses the best properties of our popular lens materials: it has the light weight and scratch/shatter resistance of polycarbonate while offering a much higher optical clarity with our patented polarized lenses with UV protection.
- Polycarbonate - This lightweight lens is injection molded for clear optics and is also scratch-resistant. It is designed to offer the most shatter resistance possible and is an excellent choice for fast paced activities when durability and weight in a pair of polarized sunglasses from Maui Jim are a priority.
- SuperThin Glass - This lens material provides the best optics available and is 20% thinner and lighter than standard laminated glass. It offers the best scratch and solvent resistance lenses for long-wearing comfort, all while maintaining the best in clarity for our sunglasses with polarized lenses.
- Maui Pure- This material combines optics almost as crisp as SuperThin Glass with ultralight weight and excellent scratch and shatter resistance.
- Maui Brilliant - Our most advanced lens material that features optics nearly as clear as glass with just one-third of the weight.
- Maui Pure LT - MauiPure LT is lighter and 27% thinner, and delivers optics nearly as clear as SuperThin Glass with exceptional impact and scratch resistance.